Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Amphibico Phenom and FX1

Started by wagsy ·

  • 20Posts
  • 20Replies

Read-only discussion

Amphibico Phenom and FX1

20 posts
  1. Hi all

    Have done a couple dives now with the Amphibico Phenom and the FX1.

     

    You can go here and download a clip.

    http://www.ningalooreefteach.com/FX1.htm

     

    I will load up some more soon.

     

    Wags

  2. Really nice work Wags. I can't wait until I can buy the Amphibico housing for my Z1. Do you also make Quicktime files for us Mac users?

     

    Anders

  3. Thanks for posting wags (I actually know this character - very popular in Aus but no one in the US has ever heard of it!) I saw the Phenom at Seaspace last month and was very impressed.

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. Your largest file actually opened nicely in Mediaplayer 9 for Mac.

    These cameras are really capable of amazing image quality.

     

    Sincerely

     

    Anders

  5. Wow, that is really amazing! And man that housing is a beast!

  6. Hi all again

    Thanks for your comments.

     

    I will load up a full review of the housing very soon on my site. In the meantime you can all go and download another 200meg wmv file that I shot on a dive under the Exmouth Navy Pier. It runs for 6 mins.

    Enjoy.

     

    http://www.ningalooreefteach.com/FX1.htm

     

    More soon

    Paul Wags

  7. Mate

    You've exceeded your bandwidth. My housing is set for delivery in a week. Did they send your the mirror device for the lcd display? How does it feel?

  8. Wagsy - just amazing. What a diversity of sea life under the pier. Exmouth just bumped to number one of our places to visit. Any support for CCR divers out there?

     

    Peter

  9. The video quality is amazing! I can't stop looking at it.

     

    Now I'll just have to explain to my wife why we need a 10k video setup :D

     

    Thanks Wags!

     

     

    BTW what kind of system do you use to edit?

  10. Hello all.

    Glad you enjoyed the clips.

    Yes my site was closed there for abit, my stats went over the moon.

     

    Yes the Navy Pier is an amazing place. It might have someting to do with the fact that no one has be able to fish it in over 15 years. Classic example of what a sanctuary area can do. The rest of the area up here is getting fished out as more and more people think it is their god given right to drive up here in their 4x4 with their boats and catch or drag around as many fish as they can before they die.

     

    Anyhow at least the new generation are growing up with a better understanding of how it all works under the water, and will want to come up here to just take pics and look at all the amazing animals.

     

    I will continue to load up clips over time of different dives and will get review done in the coming weeks.

     

    Wags

  11. The Point Murat Pier is probably my favorite dive in WA and top 5 in Oz.

    Not sure you caught my last question, but did your housing come with the mirror device that doubles as a monitor using the camera's own LCD? If so how does it look?

    Also are you shooting HD then downconverting to SD to convert to WMV? Shouldn't the clips be in 16x9 format?

    Edited by scubadru
  12. Great clip!

    The music worked very well with the images. Out of curiosity, where do you find that particular version of "As the Rush Comes"? It's slower than the version I'm used to.

    Edited by climbrox
  13. Wags... the video looks and plays great.... I'd be interested in trying out some of the footage at 1080 resolution if that would be possible..... ???

  14. Hi again.

     

    To answer a few questions.

    No I did not get the mirror thingy that goes ontop of the housing. As far as I know Amphibico have not released it yet. Having said that, I am findind the ability to look down into the LCD great as I hardly use the viewfinder. It allows one to get nice flowing shots and i would say it's the main reason I went for it after having a couple of Navigators which had the flip mirror LCD thingy.

     

    The housing is just a tiny bit negative in the water and easy to use. It can white ballance @ 14 meters without any URPRO filter no problems. Im sure it could do it even at deeper depths. My Nikon D70 can at 18 meters with no filter.

     

    I edited the clips in HDV and encoded to WMV format. If you are using a lower version than windows media 9, the clips will display in 4.3. I halved the 1080 / 1440 to keep the file size down. The full size it just to much to load up.

     

    I am using twin LG Flatron 17 inch screens with a refresh rate of 8ms. The second screen is set up as the video window and the footage looks stunning. I am in the process of getting a HDTV to view it on and maybe the new triple card from matrox, then I can output to a HDV TV.

     

    As the Rush Comes, I downloaded it from another guy in the USA from a clip he did, shot with the Panasonic HDV single chip. Thats the only version I have ever heard. Yes it a nice piece.

     

    I will load up a review soon. Even though the housing is a work of art and nice to shoot with, it has a few things that Amphibico will have to sort out! am Im sure they are doing that right now. I will explain all in the review that I will post on my site.

     

    More very soon.

     

    Wags

  15. The version of Motorcycle's "As the rush comes" is the Gabriel and Dresden Chill mix. It's on the EP mix CD which I bought because of that mix.

  16. Wags.... hang on to your money... the 1080 DLP TV's will be in stores this

    Xmas... :-)

  17. Hi Dixter

    Thanks for the tip about DLP TV's/ I will wait for sure. Plasmas wear out and LCD's are still pricey. Most are not true Hi Def anyhow. ( Hi Def ready is what the salesman will say)

     

    As the rush comes is a perfect piece for underwater shots. Now I wonder if I can make a track that sounds the same with FL Studio??

     

    I had over 72,000 hits for July on my site and blew my monthly bandwidth away.

    O have now 150 GIGS of monthly bandwidth, so that shouls keep the site going for abit.

     

    I have loaded up a underwater screen grab now. Who needs a digital still camera.

    http://www.ningalooreefteach.com/FX1.htm :o

     

    Night dive coming soon.

     

    Wags

  18. Yee haw, i believe my Amphibico has finally been shipped today...

     

    SHould take about 1.5 years to reach Yap....

  19. Great Videos what did you edit them with?

  20. Hi Mike

    Glad to hear yours is on its way.

    You are going to love the quality you will get.

    You will also find out that you don't need to use the URPRO filter.

    Amphibico are working on a fix for the other thing I told you about.

     

    The housing is slightly negative under the water and is real easy to push around.

    Uptop is another story. You will also love being able to look into that LCD screen through the housing.

     

    And for Reef keep question? I edit on Premiere pro and Cineforms plugin.

     

    Wags

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.