Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Upcoming Thailand Dive Trip

Started by huguito ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Upcoming Thailand Dive Trip

2 posts
  1. HI everyone. I just joined Wetpixels few days ago.

    I will be going to Thailand with my girlfriend at the end of August, more specifically Phuket and Phi Phi Island.

    I have never been in Thailand before, my main interest is photography.

    Does anyone has a good dive shop, dive resort or a hotel to recomend in either on of those two destinations?

    I'm not looking for something very luxurious but definitely want a dive operation with people that know the area well.

    HOpe to hear from you guys with some good advice.

    Thanks in advance.

     

    Hugo

  2. Hi, going to Phuket in August is tricky as you would be there in the middle of monsoon season. It is a bit of a hit and miss during that time.

    I tend to use liveaboard when I go down there (either to the Similans, Burma or Phi Phi/Hin Daeng/Hin Maung) however since it is low season with hard to predict weather, most of the quality liveaboards that I know do not opearate there during May-October.

    Aqua One, Panunee, Ocean Rover for example are all in Indonesia during that time.

    Many other also migrated to the Gulf of Thailand side. However it is not impossible to dive around Phuket during that time and there are day trip out of Phuket year round.

    You could try contacting Jaime at: http://www.sunrise-divers.com , he probably can give you a pretty accurate picture and options for diving there during that period.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.