Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Info on Sony Video Light

Started by Jeff Van Etten ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Info on Sony Video Light

2 posts
  1. I have a new Sony DCS-W-7 W/ houseing and I am considering getting the Sony HVL-ML20M Video Light to use with this system. Does anyone have any experince or thoughts on this light? I think this is a 20 watt light. Is this enough or would a slave flash be better, and if so which one?

  2. Hi Jeff

     

    I'm not sure why no one has replied ?

    In general a video light won't have as much power as a strobe but is better than nothing. The Sony video light is usually more expensive than other brands. I used a Hartenberger Mini Compact video light years ago with a Sony P9, it works GREAT now as a torch for night dives and I occasionally use it to help my D70 focus in low light.

     

    I'd say go for something other than the Sony and you'll be able to use it as a torch later.

     

    As far as which strobe will work well with your W7 I'm not sure.

     

    Someone care to comment ?

     

    Regards

    Brad

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.