Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Spiegel Grove upright

Started by StephenFrink ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Spiegel Grove upright

5 posts
  1. Thanks Stephen,

     

    I have been reading this story since Dennis and have been waiting to see some pictures. Finally a positive effect of a big storm!

     

    Thanks

     

    Alex

  2. Fascinated story, thanks for sharing.

  3. Stephen,

     

    Thank you for the update and photos. How appropriate that you and Rob are among the first divers on the upright Spiegel Grove!

     

    Many Wetpixelers may not know that Stephen Frink spent countless hours of dedicated volunteer work over a period of several years enabling the Spiegel Grove project to completion. Rob Blesser of Quiescence Divers did the same http://www.keylargodiving.com/ as well as

    Capt. Slate of Atlantis Divers http://www.captainslate.com/ and others.

     

    Every time I dive the Spiegel Grove I do think of these people and their hard work for without them the Spiegel Grove would not be there for us to experience!

     

    Tom

  4. Here are some that I took there on a quick dive yesterday. I had a rental regulator (mine had to be sent back to Scubapro) that was giving me less air than I am used to, so I had to end my dive prematurely, that's why the photos are so bad. I was in the first group that dove the Spiegel after it was open to the general public.

     

    Luiz

     

    spiegel.jpg

     

    Sergio1.jpg

     

    spiegel2.jpg

     

    Sergio3.jpg

     

    spiegel3.jpg

    Edited by Rocha
Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.