Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Dumb Question-Ikelite Pro Video Light

Started by divedoc ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Dumb Question-Ikelite Pro Video Light

8 posts
  1. I am wondering if the Ikelite 50 watt and 100 watt pro video light heads are the same with the only difference being the bulb. If this is the case, the bulbs would be interchangeable. Does anyone know if this is the case?

    Thanks...

  2. Perhaps emailing ike would be the best strategy here:

     

    ikelite@ikelite.com

  3. Yes it is... just don't turn it on when not in the water. It will burn the plastic cover and cause some serious bubbling. Saw that on a dive boat 4 years ago. Just make sure you get the right voltage.

  4. The same thing happened to my lights after the first time I used them and it has also damaged the battery as it now will not recharge.

     

    The lights were definately turned off once they were out of the water (maybe a faulty switch), but the result is that I'm talking to the supplier now who probably will not believe that I turned them off....

  5. "The lights were definately turned off once they were out of the water (maybe a faulty switch), but the result is that I'm talking to the supplier now who probably will not believe that I turned them off...."

     

    SimonSpear;

     

    Talk directly to IKELITE - I've had nothing but 100% positive experiences with them.

     

    317-923-4523

  6. Thanks for the advice, I'll email them now. FYI the supplier still has not come back to me after trying to contact them for 10 days :P

     

    Simon

  7. Send an e-mail to repair@ikelite.com describing your problem. We will do our best to take care of your problem.

  8. Well I got an email back from Ikelite within 2 hours of sending it to them, pretty amazing in my opinion!! Thanks for the advice guys :P

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.