Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Macro with laser pointer without framer

Started by pcourty ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Macro with laser pointer without framer

5 posts
  1. Hello

    With the macro system Nikonos with the 35mm and 80mm we can replace the framer by two small lights or laser pointer. When you obtain just one luminous point you are at the right distance. You can find on my site different picture of the system:

    http://www.underwaterphotographie.com/engl.../type_macro.htm

    You can fin the result with the two galleries about Safaga Red Sea Egypte

    Good surf and good dive

    Pierre

    :blink:

  2. Can you see the red spot in your photos? Very interesting idea.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. If you use a good aperture, for exemple 22, you don't see the red point.

    You see the red point just on a clear surface. In that case you put your red point on a dark area.

    With this system you never touch your subject and you can approach the fishs, the coral....

    http://www.underwaterphotographie.com

    Pierre Courty

    :blink:

  4. As i said in a previous post: Please don't point your laser to any creatures eye

     

    Sabine :ph34r:

  5. I prefere to use a laser on a coral that use a framer and destroy the marine life. It's just an exemple.

     

    For the fish and the other animal, what is the difference between a torche of 50w and a small laser pointer? The intensity of the light for the torche and just the color for the laser.

    When I use a laser pointer I never aim the eye of the animal and I respect the marine life. I don't destroy because I touch nothing.

    The diver with a torche, the flash, the bubble, the air, .... perturbate the marine life, but when you dive correctly you MUST respect the marine in all your movement and attitude.

    Please don't take judgement like this: under water it's also a question of education and respect

    Pierre Courty

    http://www.underwaterphotographie.com

    :blink:

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.