Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Unidentified Nudibranch

Started by Andre ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Unidentified Nudibranch

3 posts
  1. I found these tiny nudibranchs, about 4mm each of them, in Yap in Goofnuw channel in about 15m of water.

     

    They were in a small piece of coral in the bottom of the channel.

     

    I think they might be juvenil Chromodoris verrieri but again we never saw the adults version of them in the past.

    post-3988-1122874688_thumb.jpg

  2. It's a bit hard to tell from your photo but I think you're close. I say close beacsue another possibilty might be chromodoris albonares. Major difference between the two appears to be that albonares has one orangish band around the margin, while the verrieri has a dual yellow and red band. In your photo it looks like a single band but it isn't clear . . .

     

    This may help:

     

    http://www.seaslugforum.net/display.cfm?id=1849

     

    Mike

    Edited by MikeO
  3. here are more pictures and some vbetter closeup.

     

    unfortunatly that is all i have.

    post-3988-1122944584_thumb.jpg

    post-3988-1122944600.jpg

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.