Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Quick Question?

Started by ReefDiver ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Quick Question?

5 posts
  1. I will be diving next week and wanted to know if a wide angle lens can be removed & then replaced while taking underwater photos?

     

    I am using a Canon S-500 with housing and attached Inon wide angle lens (WAL). I would assume that water is getting in between the outside of the housing and the inner part of the WAL while it is attached and therefore taking it off and on should pose no problem.

     

    Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.

     

    Steve

  2. Sounds like you have the wet lens ... i.e. it is mandatory you have water between the housing and the lense for it to work right .. hence yes you can take it off underwater .. but not having seen it i can't guarentee it ... isn't it in the manual ? does it have an O ring seal ?

  3. Thanks Giles.

     

    Nope no O ring seal and there was no manual, just directions for how to install the lens onto the housing.

     

    So bottom line is that I am going to take it off & on as necessary. I tried it in my pool and taking it off & on didn't seem to make any difference. I can't imagine that it would be any different in the salty stuff?

     

    BTW, if and when I get back to Grand Cayman, I would like to hook up with you for a dive trip.

     

    Steve

  4. Sure thing I am usually around and available atthe weekend depending on the time of year.

     

    And no the salty stuff doesnt matter .. what is important is that you never have any air bubble inbetween the lesnes.

     

    G

  5. Thanks, as I would never have thought about the air bubbles but it makes perfect sense! Off to dive now & take mucho pictures!! :lol:

     

    Steve

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.