Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Another Unidentified Nudibranch

Started by SCubed ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Another Unidentified Nudibranch

3 posts
  1. I took this picture in Bonaire, it was my first time shooting macro. I couldn't find it in Humanns. I got tired at the Sea Slug Forum, the closest thing I found is the Chromodoris kempfi, but the markings don't quite seem to match. any help would be appreciated.

     

    post-4860-1123473742_thumb.jpg

  2. It's a Purple-Crowned Sea Goddess (Chromodoris kempfi). Here's mine, photographed in Jupiter, FL. It's normal for nudis to have slight color variations. The Florida morph is very colorful and tiny. If I remember correctly, this guy was about 1 inch long or so.

     

    regards,

    Michael

    mpostock.com

    batfishbooks.com

    post-4615-1123475116_thumb.jpg

  3. thanks, this guy was pushing a half inch.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.