Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Canon A95 and Sunpak G-flash

Started by bjreckman ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon A95 and Sunpak G-flash

1 posts
  1. I have the A95 with Canon Housing and Sunpak G-flash and will use it the first time in Bonaire where I am going on Friday August 12.

     

    I first posted this under underwater housings, but my needs aremore basic. Does anyone have any tips to add to make my photographs more memorable using the A95 with the Sunpak G-flash? I am a reasonable land photographer and know the techniques for picture taking, but if you do anything significantly different underwater, I would appreciate your input.

     

    I know a little about the "Underwater" setting on the A95, which defaults the flash to "Auto." Because the camera flash triggers the G-flash strobe light does the camera flash has to be turned to "on" rather than "auto" for the strobe to trigger, and is there anything else to think about, e.g.

     

    a. do I need special focusing techniques or does the A95 autofocus work well at depths of 60-80 feet,

    b. do you have to tweek the flash output settings on the G-flash,

    c. do you use both the Camera Housing diffuser and the G-flash diffuser all the time.

     

    If your response is too detailed for this forum, could you please respond to

    bj@seaowlcrew.com

    if that is permitted by forum rules.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.