Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Who Am I?

Started by Lndr ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Who Am I?

6 posts
  1. Found this little guy at Summercloud Bay, NSW Australia. He was about 15 - 20mm long.

     

    Anyone have a name?

     

    cheers

    Leander

    post-1321-1123739331_thumb.jpg

    post-1321-1123739360_thumb.jpg

  2. Looks like a Triopha, from the head. Without more of the body, I would say either a Kaloplocamus or Plocamopherus. (Say that three times, quickly).

     

    My guess would be:

    Plocamorpherus imperialis because of the location.

    Otherwise, maybe this:

    http://www.seaslugforum.net/display.cfm?id=1005

    Cheers,

    Marli

  3. I don't think it is Plocamorpherus imperialis as your animal doesn't have the bright red 'bulbs' which is a key identifying feature of this species. And they defiently light up if you aggrevate the animal which also has the tendency to swim away if disturbed.

     

    I guess you animal is either Kaloplocamus ramosus or the temperate water Kaloplocamus sp that is still to be described. I have found the Kaloplocamus sp in Port Stephens, Sydney Harbour and Jervis Bay. This is what the undescribed species looks like:

     

    Kaloplocamus_sp.jpg

  4. I think you're right. That was my first thought, too, hence the link to the Forum. It's always best to have the entire animal, but sometimes :) you haven't the right lens for the subject!

    Cheers,

    Marli

  5. Thanks,

     

    Dave, I thought it seemed a little more "warty" than the K. ramosus on the Sea Slug Forum? But definitely has similarities to you pic.

     

    cheers

    Lndr

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.