Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

BSoUP International Focus On Results

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 17Posts
  • 17Replies

Read-only discussion

BSoUP International Focus On Results

17 posts
  1. Congratulations to Mike Veitch for winning the in augral BSoUP International Focus On Competition held last night in London.

     

    Mike beat off competition from the UK, USA, Canada, Belgium, Greece, Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary, Russia, Poland, Venezuela, Thailand, Philippines, British Virgin Islands and the Cayman Islands.

     

    The Top 10 were as follows:

    WINNER MIKE VEITCH (Yap). 47pts.

    1mike_veitch.jpg

     

    2nd CHARLES HOOD (UK). 42pts.

    3rd GILES SHAXTED (Cayman Islands). 22pts.

    3rd HEATHER HAMMOND (UK). 22pts.

    5th GREGA VERC (Slovenia). 19pts.

    6th FRANCESCO VISINTIN (Italy). 18pts.

    7th STEVE JONES (UK). 16pts.

    8th JEAN BRUNEAU (Canada). 15pts.

    9th JP TRENQUE (UK!). 13pts

    10th LEN DEELEY (UK). 10pts.

     

    Thank you to all who entered for making this competition such as success. I am already planning to be away next August so I don't get stuck with organising next year's event!

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  2. Congratulations Mike, it is a great shot!

  3. Congrats Mike! A great shot.

  4. One of the most unique shots I've seen in a while. A very deserving winner.

  5. Thanks everybody! I just turned on the computer and saw this. Very exciting and to be honoured amongst a lot of great competition is extremely flattering.

     

    Thanks to you Alex and BSoUP for making the competition open to all of us.

    I look forward to displaying the trophy prominently!

    :)

     

    Mike

  6. Congrat Dude, neet shot, thanks Alex and the BSOUP folks for the brain muscles to make it happen. From now on, he shall be known as the Mantaman ! :)

  7. Congratulation, very nice shot, I wonder if British postal service will be able to figure out where Yap is :)

  8. the shot looked superb on the big screen Mike, I was pleased to see it first hand - well done!! I'm really going to have to sort a trip out to get over to Yap.... B)

     

    Steve

  9. Congrats Mike, great shot!

    Can we see it in a bigger version?

    Edited by Arnon_Ayal
  10. Congratulations Mike, it was a fantastic shot. Did you have to tie-up the mantas together or have you been taming them for years ? :)

     

    Giles, I loved your entry too. A 'simple shot' with great colours and composition. It worked superbly.

     

    JP

  11. Excellant Job Mike! Congratulations! And congrats to all the winners and for Alex and BSoup for making it possible for all of us! Look forward to doing it again!

  12. Well deserved Mike :):D

     

    Karl

  13. one more time ... Mike congrats ... you left us all in your wake .. you'll have to post a photo of the trohpy in yap ... we can see if we can keep it in the wetpixel family and see photos of it all over the world ... thanks JP for your kind words ... my image is a year or so old but i wanted to see how well it would do ... it's nice but not perfect ... If i'd got a vote I would have gone for Mike's too ... choo choo .. manta train coming through ....

     

    I'm sure the postal service in the UK knows where Yap is ... Yap is such a funny name though isnt it .. it's like they started to write down what it was called (same goes for Truk) someone interuptde them and BAM there it was Yap is there a story or meaning behind the name ? And do you guys have a Manta City like our stingray city ..

  14. You photoshop them together ... didn't you!!!

     

    I tried to train mantas for all my life and I was able to make them roll over and stuff but not go in a single line .... :)

     

    Congratulation!!!

    GREAT shot Mike.

     

    Vlad

  15. Yap...remember its a tropical island, don't waste time on long names...

    "Excuse me sir...are you from this island?" "Yap.."

     

    Thanks again everyone, and yes Gilles, lets keep it in the family....just don't mind the Betel Nut stains whoever gets it from me! :)

  16. Congratulations, Mike! I told you it was a magazine cover candidate but what a wonderful honor....

    Congrats to the rest of the Wetpixel members who entered also! :)

  17. Congrats to Mike and all the Wetpixel members. Awesome photos.

     

    We know the winner is really Canadian anyway :)

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.