Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Online Photographic Resources

Started by Giles ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Online Photographic Resources

11 posts
  1. Alex's home page post reminded me of something I had seen the other day and I thought I would share.

    Wiki Photo seems to be a new and so far incomplete resource but has great potential.

     

    It is an impressive amount of content on Ming Theins and obviously good but could do with some separating and making searchable.

     

    Was wondering if anyone else had any invaluable resources to share .. and let us know why the are invaluable and usefull. I am always looking for great websites I can find usefull and would be nice to have them in one place.

     

    Wetpixel is by far the best community in my eyes but sometimes resource sites can be super usefull and even though the articles written here are good, but an article is not always what you want. So I wanted mostly to see if anyone regularly used other sites.

    Edited by digitallywet
  2. Full List of other Sites

    (i'll update from any following replies)

    .

    Edited by digitallywet
  3. what about fredmiranda.com?

     

    Julian

  4. there is of course Photoworkshop which i forgot has a nice Rebel Area and a general Canon information

  5. Don't forget Digitaldiver.net and Scubaboard.com - both are more discussion forums than pure information resources. But there is plenty of good info on them about UW Photography.

     

    And in Magazine form - http://www.uwpmag.com/ Underwater Photography Magazine

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  6. I cant believe I forgot UWP Mag ... I am always checking that out it is a saviour for me living here where dive magazines are $10 a copy sometimes.

    And most of them aren't specific to what I am interested in photowise. I may have been a dive proffessional .. but never a dive gear geek and I don't get to travel dive that much so most articles are useless to me in Dive Mags.

  7. although not aimed at underwater but rather nature, give http://www.naturephotographers.net

     

    I like going through the galleries and looking at the photos for compositional ideas. Some great shots on there, they also have discussion forums that have some good info on PS and shooting.

     

    Only downside....they want you to pay to join!

     

    M

  8. As a Nikon user I often visit Thom Hogan's site. www.bythom.com No one out there knows more about Nikon than Thom. (if they do they are not sharing)

     

    db

    Edited by DanB
Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.