Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Many Kudos!

Started by dawktah ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Many Kudos!

3 posts
  1. I am so glad I found this board so I was able to get decent photos of stationary objects :D Man, this is difficult! Many kudos to those who post the many pics on this board.

     

    I just returned from my dive trip to BVI and now hungry for more. Big time learning experience.

     

    Out of fear, I didn't correct many of my mistakes while on trip. I didn't take camera out of housing until after completing all 6 dives. I found that on many, my shutter speed was too slow so I had blurring. Which wasn't visible on LCD screen. I have to learn how to sneak up on fish, I have a lot of escaping fish photos. :)

     

    I now have to focus on learning which type of underwater terrain is conducive to getting close and shooting up. I have a lot of underwater panoramas. I will have to return to the Rhone since most of these pictures came out blurry or overexposed.

     

    I'll try to post some of the bad ones and some of my best first time dive photos, need help since I don't have a website.

     

    --Chris

    Edited by dawktah
  2. Some of better ones. Not good enough for gallery forum. :)

    post-4525-1124781008_thumb.jpg

    post-4525-1124781041_thumb.jpg

    post-4525-1124781077_thumb.jpg

  3. Whenever you deal with wreck in deeper water, you have to compensate with the ISO, the aperture, shutter speed or even in extreme case with a tripod, alltough I have never done the Rhone, i'm familiar with it's logistic, not a lot of light down there, so you may want to push the ISO next time and remember that your strobes are only for the foreground, very often i"ll switch them off for wrecks. the first pictures is overexposed, looks like your aperture was too wide, the flas could'nt quench enough for a subject this close, next time stop down, the second one is a bit underexposed but already much better and the third one is a good subject for ambient light. As you probably noticed managing all that hardware underwater is task loading at its best, it does get better, and yes everybody on this web site had to go through it, so don't be shy and ask away, It took me forever to learn that stuff so if I can save you time and let you get result sooner, well, it will make me happy.

     

    don't be so obsessed with your equipment, just be carefull, when you stress too much on your gear is when you screw up, just take it apart and back until you know it blindfolded, (like the army guys), then you will know when thing are right and remember silicone grease is not peanut butter, you don't need a lot for it to make it right.

     

    Cheers

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.