Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

HELP: Repair Service for Camera

Started by ChrisJ ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

HELP: Repair Service for Camera

5 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    My Nikon 8400 I purchased through Ebay malfunctioned on me. The lens got stuck as I was zooming in. I sent it out to Nikon USA and they informed me that it was a grey market camera, and that they couldnt touch it. The ebay seller was not helpful on telling me where to send it. I just want it to be fixed.

     

    SO, where do I send it to now? Any recomended repair services?

     

    Are there programs out there that I can purchase, such as an extended warranty?

     

    I just want my camera fixed, and if possible purachase some kind of warranty for it.

     

    Thanks in advance for the help.

  2. Let me know where you're located and I'd be glad to recommend a Nikon Authorized Service Center for you.

  3. This is yet another reason not to buy from Ebay. Way too many crooks on there and very little, if any, reprucussions for the seller. You will not get any kind of warranty other than a repair warranty. An authorized Nikon repair facility will be glad to take your money and give you 30 or 60 days on your warranty for that repair, but you are hosed on the rest. Today's technology is so complicated that in most cases it's worth spending the extra doe to get equipment with a USA warranty.

     

    I have learned the hard way like you.

     

     

    Joe

  4. I am glad I learned early and its not a 20d or 1dMKII or any other expensive DSLR that I eventually want to graduate to. The seller washed his hands by saying that they DID mention it was a grey market. There was a SMALL PRINT that said it was an IMPORTED model. Bastard !@##$!!@#%$$@$#!!!

     

    I have learned my lesson. Thanks Dave for the Info, I just hope it doesnt cost me too much to repair it.

    Edited by nitteo
  5. We all make honest mistakes to save a buck or two. Now that you know, it should be easy to make your next decision and harder to afford it :)

     

    Joe

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.