I could use some suggestions on what portable storage devices you can recommend. I'm not fluent in these things (read: pre-genX-er). So I would need something user friendly. My perfect description would be.......... Shove the compactflash card in it; press a button (or better yet.... yell at it) to transfer the images Now!: pull out compactflash card and go take more pictures. That's it. that's all i want it to do ( Oh yeah............ also needs to be able to download to my desktop simply)
It really doesn't need to play MP3s, or video games, or do my laundry. Just store my images temporarily. HELP!
I recommend one of the Imagetank products. It's not fancy, you can't see a color preview of your pictures, but it's cheap and reliable. Shove in your card, hit copy, it tells you how many files it copied, so you are sure you got them all...
Cheers
James
I'll recommended a device that you can see the downloaded images, just to be sure they are there, I had a device without it, when I returned home from Palau I realized that this f@#%^*g device overwrite each download all the past images that where already on the device, I managed to save all the deleted images but believe me its wasn't nice to see that almost all my data was deleted.
Check out the Epson P-2000 which looks pretty good and can handle RAW. I have had a Nixvue Vista for a couple of years which has proved very good - although there are probably better things around now.