Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Anyone recognize this nudibranch?

Started by cor ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Anyone recognize this nudibranch?

10 posts
  1. Im currently at Wakatobi, Indonesia. On a nightdive 2 days ago I found this nudi that none of the guides had seen before. I cant find it in any of the books we have here. It was at 60 feet, rubble/coralhead area.

     

    Regards,

     

    Cor

     

    nudi2.jpg

     

    ps: for a little bit larger version see this image. It's not rotated though, and this link is so slow, i dont feel like re-uploading it :)

  2. Not seen it either, very cool, looks quite small. Almost like one of those whatchamacalit shrimp...

     

    Great capture, enjoy Indo.

     

    Now you know what its like to have a slow internet like me! ha ha

  3. It is gorgeous. Dunno what it is, though.

     

    What is it crawling on? Anemone? Corallimorph? Melibe?

     

    Alex

  4. My first thought was also, "hey thats just like a harlequin shrimp". It's on a large tunicate, and it seemed to be eating the eggs that are visible on the tunicate. The nudi was about 1 inch in size.

     

    We're definately enjoying things here. Wakatobi is an awesome place.

     

    Cor

  5. I'm pretty sure I have seen a photo of that Nudi species before. I'm sure when a nudi-phile turns up they will ID it. Glad to hear Wakatobi is great.

     

    Alex

  6. It appears to be what is called Trapania sp. 6 on the Sea Slug Forum

    Takako Uno found it on Bali, so it would be good to let Bill know about it to extend its range. Gorgeous critter; great find!

    Cheers,

    Marli

  7. I've seen it in the Philippines and Misool.

  8. I love it when someone finds a neato animal.

     

    Joe

  9. Thanks everyone, I didnt have the internet speed to check through the seaslugs database. I did mail Bill several days ago. At least I know what it is now :)

     

    We found some other stuff that was extremely rare and the guides hadnt seen before, but those we could ID.

     

    Cor

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.