Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Goby or blenny???

Started by scubamarli ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Goby or blenny???

7 posts
  1. Here's a cute one from Indonesia (weird, I posted it and it disappeared). The "whiskers" are on the wrong side of the mouth for a comb blenny. Anyone have a clue?

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

    post-1116-1125695106_thumb.jpg

  2. Hi again Marli, I saw it and tryed to reply but then it said I didnt have permission to view the picture, and then it was gone.

     

    It's really hard with just that top view. You dont happen to have a picture of it from the side?

     

    What do you mean, the whiskers on the wrong side of the mouth. They look like normal position to me.

     

    Banda Blenny (Ecsenius bandanus) p349 (same book as the last one) looks like a pretty good match.

  3. When I hit "new posts" and saw two with the same title, I deleted one of them.

     

    Sorry - I thought they were accidental duplicate posts. In the future, it would help if you use different subject names.

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. Here's the only other view of this guy. What I mean is that it's whiskers aren't like cirri between the eyes, they're on its chin, (if fish have chins ;) )

    Cheers

    Marli

    post-1116-1125709848_thumb.jpg

  5. Ah ha,

    I get it now about the cirri; it's the angle and coloration that make them look lower down. ;)

    After doing a search for images of the Banda blenny, it's a match.

    Thanks again!

    Marli

  6. I'm glad you figured it out. We all have thouse temporary mental lapses.

  7. As I'm still having to scan thousands of slides, after a session, my mental lapses seem to be a bit more permanent!

    ;)

    Marli

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.