Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

This is SO cool

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

This is SO cool

12 posts
  1. Dear all,

     

    Yippee I am off to Bali. In fact I am on route at the moment. Using the Internet access on Signapore Airlines to send you this message.

     

    Currently cruising at 32000ft over the Caspian Sea. We are doig 1047kmh-1! Nice

     

    Looking forward to getting cracking with the Balinese critters!

     

    leaf_pink2.jpg

     

    No doubt there will be pix on my return!

     

    Alex

  2. Hmmmm,

    Didn't I just see this guy on the wreck at Tulamben?

    Have a great time!

    Cheers,

    Marli

  3. Have a great trip Alex!

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. Thanks guys. It is very cool being online in the air. Alex

  5. I'm sure you will have great time Alex, and will certainly return with breathtaking pictures. Now, for this internet thingy, is this only for first class passengers of also for the poor economy class mortals? :P;)

  6. It broadband right down the plane. I'm in row 62!

     

    It costs $29 US for unlimited access for the whole flight. Not cheap, but a bit of a laugh and hey I had to get an internet fix before Bali!

     

    Currently over India, just south of Dehli. I must admit that surely there must be some security issues being able to pass on info like this.

     

    Alex

  7. Have a great time there, looking to see the frames.

    29$, not so expensive, especially that the company will pay me that, it’s a work time doesn't it? ;)

  8. Had a sleep. Nearly in to Singapore. Over and out!

  9. You're almost there Alex - this is sooooo cool. Say hi to Graham for me.

     

    Cheers

    James

    Edited by james
  10. Betcha he has faster internet than me....

  11. Wow, now that is the way to fly. Do you have a spot to plug you computer (power) in as well?

     

    $29 - thats not bad at all, you end up paying that much on a US flight for a ham sandwitch and headphone rentals so you can listen to the movie.

    Edited by acroporas
  12. Now alll you have to do is transmit from 100 feet below and I think you will have the Guiness Book record ;)

     

    Happy and safe diving. Keep drinking lots of water.

     

    Joe

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.