Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Nikon white balance public now

Started by Rocha ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon white balance public now

5 posts
  1. Nikon has released information on how to read their camera's white balance to third party software. Adobe says that ACR 3.2 (next version, not yet released) will provide "as shot" white balance support for the Nikon D2X, D2Hs, and D50.

     

    Here is a link for Nikon's press release on the subject:

     

    Nikon and Adobe press release

    Edited by Rocha
  2. Great news!!! ;)

     

    Joe

  3. This may be nit picking, but it looks like Nikon and Adobe, only, has come to an agreement that both are happy with. Nikon is supplying a mini-SDK to Adobe. I don't think that is the same as making it public. I think Nikon can still choose to not supply this to someone they don't like.

    Edited by herbko
  4. Yes, I agree, I thought it was more open, but I don't think so now after I read the details. But it is still better than having to use NikonCapture.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.