Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Back from Mauricio Handler Photo Workshop

Started by kdietz ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Back from Mauricio Handler Photo Workshop

5 posts
  1. Dave Haupt.....aka dbh.....and I just returned from a Mauricio Handler Photo Workshop on the Turks and Caicos Aggressor last week.

     

    I would strongly recommend this workshop to anyone who would enjoy an intense week of instruction and practical underwater application. Mauricio's enthusiasm for the art of underwater image making is infectious and he has a well thought out series of daily lectures.

     

    Mauricio teaches you think about all aspects of composition and lighting before you fire the shutter and arms you with enough practical knowledge of camera control to help you make it happen.

     

    Please check out my website gallery www.kdietz.com

     

    These are darker on my work computer than what I was seeing at home...please let me know how they look on your monitors

     

    Karl

    Edited by kdietz
  2. Hi Karl,

     

    Welcome back and glad you all had a good trip. I'll check out the photos.

     

    OK, just checked them out - cool! It looks like you did a lot of shutter-dragging. It also looks like Mauricio was shooting the Kodak ProSLRn still. Did you see any of his shots Karl? What did you think?

     

    Cheers

    James

    Edited by james
  3. Great stuff Karl and somthing I have on my to do list in the future.

  4. Thanks Todd and James

     

    James, Mauricio's Kodak shots looked great....the resolving power of 14mp is impressive....it was also interesting to see what he saw on the same dives as the rest of us....on dives that we struggled to find subject matter, we would capture as least one outstanding image....that was a good lesson in itself

     

    Karl

  5. Karl....as usual great images. I really don't think you needed a photo course!

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.