Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Thanks to Stephen Frinks I got my D70 housing.....

Started by MPC ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Thanks to Stephen Frinks I got my D70 housing.....

2 posts
  1. was down in the Keys for Labor Day weekend and rented a 15mm Nikonos lense from Stephen Frinks Photo store and low and behold they have an Ikelite housing for a D70 that a guy used for a week long class and decided to up grade. It came with a 6" dome, 105 port, double arm tray, 2 arms, sync cord, gears for zooming, slave sensor. Special thanks to Liz who even threw in a Pelican case so I could bring it home :unsure::P:( The dome is good for my 18-70mm, and Stephen said I could use a 60macro too. I could not pass up the deal.

    Now I am in the market for stobes, Liz recommended DS-125's , probably would start with one, is that the way I should go? Or is there another choice???

     

    Thanks for any info.

  2. Congrats on your new rig :unsure::P

     

    the DS-125's would be a good choice.....if you upgrade the housing to iTTL, the DS-125's or DS-50's are the only strobes that will work in iTTL

     

    FWIW, I would get the flat port for the 60mm

     

    Karl

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.