Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Is my color - contrast & brighness O.K.?

Started by motionsync ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Is my color - contrast & brighness O.K.?

9 posts
  1. I whant to prepeare some photos so that they are "ready to Print" for covers and I am not sure If i must manipulate the colors or leave them like they are.

     

    Becauce I have not a kalibration tool, like Sprider i only hope that the colors are o.k.

     

    Then I wnaht that you take a look att my Photoshop color settings

    are they O.k.

    post-4107-1127223042_thumb.jpg

     

    Especially I like that you take a look att follow photos att my webpage

    www.apneaimages.com - Photography

     

    photos: 6 - 9 - 14 - 23 - 25 - 30 - 34 - 40 - 45

     

    Is the Brighness & contrast O.K.? On my screen its O.K. and the blues are richt.

  2. #9 seems a little bit heavy on the contrast and blues appear a little purple on my screen. The others all seem fine to me.

  3. Thanks Todd

     

    The purple appears on all the blue or just on the top, where the waves are?

     

    The photo has a heavy contrst and rich dark blue on my screen

  4. I noticed it on top. It may exist throughout but the photo size makes it hard to tell. I was going to mention that if the others all appear fine then #9 might also be just fine too. With the size it is really hard to see in the centre of the photo if there is a little bit also.

     

    I forgot to mention that I also really like the mood your photos convey. Very appropriate for the subject matter and very well done.

  5. Thanks Tood

     

    The bigest chalange is to print the fotos win the same mod Colors Contrast etc..

     

    Lambis

  6. Lambis,

     

    You will never get a print you're happy with until you calibrate your monitor and use the monitor profile, and obtain a profile for your printer/ink/paper.

     

    Apply both of those profiles to the image, and then what you see is what you get or as close as you will ever get to it.

     

    Cheers

    James

  7. Hi James

     

    So you say that

    First I calibrate my Monitor (with spyder Pro or someting else)

    Then I ask my printshop to send me a printer Profile

    Apply both profiles to the image & color correct the photo?

     

    How can you apply both profiles to a image?

     

    Lambis

  8. That's correct! How you do it depends upon which program you are using.

     

    In photoshop, you use the Proof part of the menu to see what the photo looks like. Your monitor profile is automatically applied when your system books up I think.

     

    Cheers

    James

  9. Thank James for the help. Now I get it.

     

    I use Photoshop and after I calibrate my monitor I just work my Photos in Photoshop (Adobe RGB) and use the proof menu to see how the photo will end up when I print it.

     

    Question: If I like to print anyway the Photo why not have the printer Profile from my photo lab always activ?

     

    Lambis

     

    P.S. I think that some test prints with my fotolab will be the last that I will do so that I really see how everything is comming out.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.