Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

D2X and Lenses

Started by eprogers ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

D2X and Lenses

5 posts
  1. I am picking up my DX2 today :P Yes, I am novice photographer But have learned that e-processing in liveaboards is a thing of the past. AND I was drooling over the humpback whale pictures two of the guys were taking with a DX2 and a similar Canon.

     

    The immediate feedback sure beats waiting till I get home to see whether or not anything I shot was any good and too late to do anything about it!

     

    What lenses do I want for(1) macro and(2) larger creature (such as rays and whales) photos?

     

    Thanks, Erika

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  2. A good starter would be the 60mm macro or 105mm if you dive mosty clear water, and a Nikon 12-24mm or Sigma 10-20 mm and yes the 10.5mm fisheye is a must! nice way to start BTW ! you realise there is no turning back to caveman technollogy after a D2x :P

     

    Welcome aboard and keep us posted of your progress.

     

    Cheers

  3. Completely agree with the above post.

  4. I agree too. For the big boys the 10.5mm Nikon and 15mm Sigma would be my choices (as they would both work behind the same dome port) and then a 60mm and a 105mm for the small stuff.

     

    Alex

  5. Yep, count me in too: Nikkor 10.5, 12-24 and a 60mm for macro. If you decide you hate the D2X, do give me a yell...... :)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.