Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Camera / Housing question.

Started by CamDiver ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Camera / Housing question.

4 posts
  1. Hey Guys,

    mark here. I've got a buddy with an old Amphibico housing, A TR81. He's looking to get into a bit of underwater video using this starter housing. Trouble is it's a bit of an antique and we're wondering which camera it was designed for?? We may also, if possible, look at putting another camera in the housing but any ideas about the intended camera would be welcome, I don't suppose any of you have a camera for this housing.

     

    Cheers from Palau.

    Mark.

  2. That housing was designed for a Sony TR81 CCD Camera Hi-8. I think I may have one at home. There's one on ebay right now for $9.99.

     

    Curtis

  3. I'm going to contact AMphibico to confirm. If it is that camera then would you be interested in selling? We're also checking on Ebay.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

  4. Curtis is correct. It may also house any of the other Sony Hi-8 Camcorders that have the same form factor, i.e. TR71, 91, 101 and possibly TR700.

     

    Probably best to get a CCD-TR81 for best compatibility. If you find one, but need a manual, Sony has them online here: http://esupport.sony.com/perl/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=DOCS

     

    The later TR/TRV series won't work since the lens and viewfinder are on the same horizontal plane so the alignment would be off.

    Edited by sjspeck

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.