Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

From mju400 to....

Started by BenUK ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

From mju400 to....

2 posts
  1. Hello All

    I've had a Olympus mju400 and housing for over a year now. I really enjoy taking photos and some turn out quite well.

    I have no external flash and so have been limited to close up Macro at depth and of course the viz has to be good to ensure no scatter - not something that happens much in the UK.

     

    I was think of getting an external flash, possibly as Sea & Sea YS-25 Auto, but at the same time I started thinking that I may want to upgrade to a bigger CCD camera or even an SLR, so may be the Sea & Sea YS-90 Auto was a better choice and I'd be able to do better non-macro shots.

     

    Will the YS-90 suit my compact and a future SLR?

     

    Ben

  2. Ben,

     

    I think you should first look at upgrading the camera in your case. Adding a strobe to your present camera will be at best a step sideways.

     

    Your present camera does not offer you any creative control of the background exposure, the area of the composition that is not illuminated by artificial light. In order to control the complete underwater exposure, manual control of aperture, shutter, and ISO is necessary imho. Your present camera does not offer all three of these user controlled functions.

     

    hth,

    b

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.