Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Giant Octo Attacks Diver!

Started by martys ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Giant Octo Attacks Diver!

2 posts
  1. Typical

     

    The people that produce these nature specials never seem to remeber to mention that they chum the water with fish guts when they film "the aggressive man eating giant Humbolt Squid. . ." I don't at all mind the tricks used to get a shot, I do mind the media making things out to be something they are not.

     

    I just saw a special in these squid on Discovery that was actually fairly well done and as close to accurate as I've yet seen - even if the silly thing is called "Killer Squid" or some such.

     

    James

     

    I've also worked with the Sports Divers during the production of Tentacles, they are good people and make an effort to both tell an iteresting story and keep it accurate.

    Edited by JamesWood
Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.