Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Need info on housing

Started by morider ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Need info on housing

3 posts
  1. Need some advice. I'm very new to this whole underwater photography thing and don't want to invest more that $400. I own a Canon A-85 digital camera that takes decent pics on dry land and want to know if I can purchase waterproof housing for it. Are underwater digital cameras that much different from land cameras (water resistance asside) Can I get decent results using a land camera in a housing as I would in an inexpensive UW digital? Are housings reliable? When you reply, please keep in mind I'm an amateur at this and just looking for average results. There may come a time in the future where I'd want to invest more but for now this is all I have work with. I'd appreciate any advice you can give.

  2. Here is canon's housing. Well within your budget.

     

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller...oughType=search

     

    Housing a normal digital camera is the way to go vs. a dedicated underwater camera.

     

    In general compact housings by the manufacturer are very reliable.

    Edited by acroporas
  3. According to digideep there is housing for that camera: WP-DC30

    Almost all cameras that used u/w are 'land' cameras in a housing, you can get decent (and more then that) with P&S cameras when you know the limitations of u/w photography and understand what you are doing.

    Housing are reliable, at list most of the time <_<

    Edited by Arnon_Ayal

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.