Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Which printer ?

Started by frogmansub ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Which printer ?

3 posts
  1. I was printing a batch of images a few days ago when a loud "mechanical" noise came from the printer (a Canon S9000) and it stopped working for good.

     

    I've got the sick feeling it's not worth trying to get it fixed and have started looking for a replacement model. Epson seem to have 2 very good A3 printers : the R1800 and the 2400, but I am horrified at the ink costs.

     

    Has anybody got a printer they would really recommend, or should I buy a cheap A4 and get the larger prints done by a lab ?

     

    By the way, if anyone is using a Canon S9000 and is considering installing a continuous inkflow system, I have got a spare Lyson one and lots of spare ink. Let me know if you're interested before I put it on Ebay !

     

    JP

  2. I have a i9900. Is your continuous system compatible with my printer?

    Please let me know what you have and your price, I'm definitely interested. You can send me an e-mail to hugoper@msn.com

    Hugo

  3. I've wrestled with the question of buying an A4 size printer, too. You can get a lot of prints made for the $550-$800 cost of the printer, not to mention the cost of the consumable inks and paper. So far, I'm happy with my 8x10 Epson prints and ordering larger prints from shutterfly. If you order online, make sure your monitor is calibrated and be sure to turn off any special photo enhancement used by the online service. This "enhancement" can cause your print to differ significantly from what you prepared on your monitor. I honestly can't imagine making really big prints from more than a dozen or so of my shots ... and I have many. For one thing, I don't have that much wall space! :-) Unless you're really making a lot of prints and feel the quality is much better, I'd at least sample some big prints from one (or several) of the online services. My experience so far is that with a properly calibrated monitor and enough pixels, I'm very pleased with 11x14 and larger ordered online.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.