Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Canon s60 vs. canon s70

Started by dashark ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon s60 vs. canon s70

6 posts
  1. I am new to uw photo and looking to purchase a small canon point and shoot. Is the extra $ for an s70 worth it above an s60?

    I am partial to any small canon camera that uses a cf card as i already have a digital rebel. I also want this camera to be a small pocket camera option on land.

    Am i on the right track?

  2. Well is the S60 still available? The S70 is at least 1 year old and has been severely discounted since the S80 has been announced. The S80 uses SD cards so the S70 is the last to use CF. I have one and the housing for it. Just purchased some strobes and accessories. I just want something to slap on my video housing for those still moments where video would not do justice. It's a pretty good camera but the lowlight AF focus is pretty slow. It's also pretty noisy at ISO400 and WB is pretty decent but slightly off. But I'm comparing it to a 1D2 so it's unfair. For the money it's a great little camera. The movie mode is a bit weak but for a 28mm wide angle it's very decent. And the WB has a uw setting for those strobeless moments.

  3. The Canon S70 has been discontinued, the S60 has been on back order for a month now. I suspect it will be discontinued soon as well. Assuming you can get your hands on one you'll be happy with either one. The S80 is also a good choice, it's only drawback compared to the S60 & S70 is no RAW file format.

  4. Thank you for your input. I am able to find and s60 for sale. I would pay about $100-$150 more for the s70. Does this seem right? Is it worth it to spend the extra money?

    Are there any other cameras i should consider first?

  5. I'd most likely choose the Canon S60 for bang for the buck and if I was considering a higher end model then I'd take Scubadru's advice and skip the S70 and go for the S80.

  6. thanks dave....s60 it is....

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.