Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Something else really cool!

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

Something else really cool!

13 posts
  1. Most Brits aren't mad for their movies like Americans are. Sure, we like going to the cinema, but movies are not as big a part of our culture as they are in the States.

     

    I have always been a bit of an exception in this regard, and love my flims. Which is why I am very chuffed to learn that I am now listed on IMDB!

     

    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2021793/

     

    Unfortunately, there does not seem to be an phone number sharing scheme for members - so i am afraid I can't get Jessica Alba's number and swap notes on underwater housings (amongst other things).

     

    Anyway none of my English friends get how cool and funny this is. :D :D

     

    Alex

  2. So Alex, tell us more about "The Greater Meaning of Water." Congrats buddy!

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. It is a free-diving film that they were shooting while I was in Cayman in April. I went out to shoot the freediving world records and the film crew were on the bpat too. So I also took some production images of the actors and filmmakers. To be honest I didn't actually realise that they weren't freediving athletes on the first day I went out! Shows how much I know about freediving!

     

    http://www.gmwmovie.com/

     

    Anyway my contribution is minor - but I think it is cool to have a credit.

     

    Alex

     

    p.s. I really should be showing off about having a paper in the Journal Nature this week. But this is much cooler!

  4. p.s. I really should be showing off about having a paper in the Journal Nature this week. But this is much cooler!

     

     

    You mean "Diatom carbon export enhanced by silicate upwelling in the northeast Atlantic".

     

    I, for one, am very impressed.

  5. You mean "Diatom carbon export enhanced by silicate upwelling in the northeast Atlantic"

    um .. wow ... i never new that diatom carbon export had been enhanced by the silicate upwelling in the northeast Atlantic ... is this directly correlated to the smegmometer readings of the Trimethalate PolyNitrates fluxing through the North Atlantic Drift Current (NADC) causing an unaltered density increase due to Sodium Carbonate quantities increasing in deeper areas of water ?

     

    Congrats on being listed with the movie stars !

  6. How on EARTH do you find the time to do any boffining with all this photography (and movie stardom)???

  7. My Sister - in-law is English. She is "more mad" for her movies than any American I've ever met. I'll be sure to look for this one. I love movies with free diving in them. Just got a DVD of "The Big Blue".

  8. How on EARTH do you find the time to do any boffining with all this photography (and movie stardom)???

     

     

    Hey hey pal, this is a family board...! :D

     

    Congrats Alex, how much for an autographed self portrait? :D

  9. Congrats Alex, how much for an autographed self portrait?  :D

    I thought there was going to be a mug with Alex's mug on it (and maybe an autograph). But putting the autograph on it might make it too expensive for us mere mortals.

  10. How on EARTH do you find the time to do any boffining with all this photography (and movie stardom)???

     

    It is easy if you don't have a life!

    Yesterday for example, I flew back from Cayman. Got home in the afternoon - and in the evening I gave two 45 minute talks at the local zoo! Man, I was tired, though.

    I got to show some of my new fish spawning photos from Cayman though. Very pleased with the French Angelfish...

     

    Alex

  11. congrats Alex.

     

    Just made a search on that site and I couldn't believe that my earlier years of prostitution for financing my training shows up too :D

     

    Julian

    Edited by Jolly
  12. 2x45 minute talks at a Zoo Alex? The images being conjured up in my mind .... "Zoo" could mean the local nightclub, but I guess in this case it was really a zoo. Are you claiming you are Dr Alex "Doolittle" Mustard, talk to the animals (as well as photograph them) hah!

     

    Anyway, nice on the credit, and btw, Jessica Alba, I've an A1/2 (big anyway) film poster (the ones the video shops use) of Nancy Calaghan aka Jessica Alba dawbed on my office wall - in all her glory - and blonde'ish hair. It was from that fantastic film Sin City. I got to see it at the flicks in Scheveningen (The Hague) - much better on the big screen (as I am sure you can appreciate). Incidentally if it already hasn't done, its coming out on DvD with an extended/directors cut with even more lucid cartoonified gore and you can watch it in episode format as well! Can't wait for the sequels.

     

    Tony (from NUPG)

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.