Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Photoshop "copyrighting" on a photo

Started by yahsemtough ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Photoshop "copyrighting" on a photo

12 posts
  1. Can someone enlighten me on how you put the copyright on the photo using Photoshop CS?

     

    I have seen some do it where it appears shadowed and across the middle of the photo and like the look. I think Eric and James use this method.

     

    If you have an action set-up and are willing to just PM or email it to me that also would be supurb. Or responding here to help others would be nice too.

     

    Thanks

     

    Todd

  2. Hi Todd, my action is slightly different from what you want so I won't send it to you since it will be harder to modify mine than to create a new one. But I think you can create one yourself really easily. Here are the steps in my action:

     

    1) Resize the image, this very important because the size of the text depends on the dpi of the image. If you don't resize and some of your images are let's say 300 dpi and others 72 dpi the text will have different sizes when you use the action in batch. Even if the image is the correct size, resize it, or better yet, start with an image that is not the correct size. Start with a full size image and resize to 500 pixels wide (or whatever) and 72 dpi.

     

    2) Create the text using the text tool. It will automatically create a new text layer. Make the text plain white and use a font that you like, shadow and transparency come later. Use the copyright symbol in the character map, your initials, etc. Adjust the size and position of the logo or copyright message.

     

    3) Right click the text layer on the layer window and select "Blending Options". In blending options you can adjust transparency, shadow, etc. until you get the effect you want.

     

    4) In the layers menu apply "Flatten image".

     

    That's it! You can now batch proccess and add the copyright symbol all images in a folder. You will however need another action for vertical files (in which you resize to 500 pixels high, not wide). I think you can copy the action and change only the resize step, but I don't know how to do that. Maybe someone with more photoshop knowledge will help me out here.

    Edited by Rocha
  3. Oh, there are several programs like BreezeBrowser that will automatically create watermarks and resize your images, but you have to pay for them and many of them only run in Windows. I believe you can also add a watermark when using ImageReady but I never tried it.

     

    Luiz

  4. Yep, that is what i do too. I create two different folders, one for verts and one for horiz.

  5. Mike,

     

    How much do horiz cost you? :D

     

    Joe

  6. Now that is funny!

     

    I had to say it out loud to get it....:D

     

    Guess i'm not the funny one here anymore....

  7. That's it! You can now batch proccess and add the copyright symbol all images in a folder. You will however need another action for vertical files (in which you resize to 500 pixels high, not wide). I think you can copy the action and change only the resize step, but I don't know how to do that. Maybe someone with more photoshop knowledge will help me out here.

    You can copy an action by clicking on the arrow at the right up corner of the action window then choose 'duplicate', rename the action's name to what you want by double clicking on it and retype the new name.

    To modify steps: open a file, run in order on the action's steps, in each step the relevant control will opened, you can change there the parameters you want.

    That way I created my own action for horizontally files and then copy it and modified the resize and text position steps

     

     

     

    Guess i'm not the funny one here anymore....

    It's Ok, don't take it too hard, we still love you for you mantas frames ;)

    Edited by Arnon_Ayal
  8. To eliminate the problem of landscape and portrait photos coming out w/ different sizes, don't use the "Image Size" command.

     

    Use the action "Fit Image" which makes the image fit inside a box of the size you define. I define my box as 600 wide and 600 tall.

     

    It's in File -> automate -> Fit Image

     

    Yes, you can do an action inside of an action...lol

     

    Cheers

    James

  9. Does anyone know if this works the same in Elements? I have some steps that I use to do it, but I haven't figured out how to save the layer so I can save myself some time and energy.

  10. I use the Align funktion to have the copyright text always on the

     

    After writing the text. Mark both layers (Text & Photo) and them go to

    Layer - Align - Bottom Edges

    You can then mark the Text layer again and go some pixels up & left so that the text is not exact on the corner

  11. To eliminate the problem of landscape and portrait photos coming out w/ different sizes, don't use the "Image Size" command.

     

    Use the action "Fit Image" which makes the image fit inside a box of the size you define.  I define my box as 600 wide and 600 tall.

     

    It's in File -> automate -> Fit Image

     

    Yes, you can do an action inside of an action...lol

     

    Cheers

    James

    That work fine if I put the text in the middle of the frame but I wanted also a small copyright text in the corners to some of the images and couldn't figure how to do it this way.

  12. there's some good tips on this page, and i have been using the watermark action described in here to good effect:

    http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html

    there's some good tips for other actions on it as well.

     

    ymmv

    /paul

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.