Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Antibes 2005 - who else will be there

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 37Posts
  • 37Replies

Read-only discussion

Antibes 2005 - who else will be there

37 posts
  1. Dear all,

     

    Who is planning on going to the Antibes Festival this year?

    http://www.underwater-festival.com/en/index.html

     

    I have just jumped in booked my flights. I am really excited. It is such a unique event, in such a historical area for scuba diving. There is no other event, that I have been to, which has such an concentration of interesting and influential people from the world of underwater photography and film.

     

    Anyway I hope that there will be some faces from Wetpixel there. Stick a reply on this thread and I hope we can meet up for une biere.

     

    Alex

  2. I would *really* like to be there, but I'll be in Denver banging out code for a new Wetpixel feature...

     

    Take photos! ;)

  3. wellll I'm thinking of going since I may be at St Jean Cap Ferrat for a wedding. Is it fun? I know quite a few people who are going but since I'll have my better half with me, it might be boring for her, esp since Antibes isn't as fun as St Tropez for nightlife. hehehe

  4. Hey Eric,

     

    Are you back? Or just randomly found some more internet access in the Galapagos?

     

    Of course I'll take some snaps - although I am much more self conscious than you are when it comes to pointing my camera at people (so I'll probably just bring back a load of shots of stands and cameras - any help in show photography would be appreciated). But at least it might be the excuse I have been looking for to upgrade my Canon.

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  5. Heheh - he said Canon.

  6. Heheh - he said Canon.

     

    That is because I have a Canon digital ;)

     

    Alex

  7. Just say "Excuse moi, putain" to people you want to take a picture of, you shouldn't have any problems.... ;)

  8. Well, maybe not in the red-light district, eh?

     

    Cheers

    James

  9. putain is French for please isn't it Mike?? ;)

  10. Thats all Alex needs to know....

  11. alex,

    i'll certainly be there, it's just down the road from where i live so... hope to meet you there ;)

    /paul

  12. Hey Alex,

     

    Have some fromage for me too, enfin !

     

    JP (stuck in Blighty)

  13. Hi All,

     

    I maybe be going (depends on work, money etc..) I have entered my film:

    'Um-El-Faroud..From Tragedy to Tourism' into the amatuer section. This is my first film and will also be my first trip to the Antibes.

     

    Anyone know of the best prices for flights and accomadation..??

     

    Cheers

     

    DeanB... ;)

  14. Hi Dean,

     

    Hope to see you there!

     

    You fly to Nice. But I can't advise on flights as I don't know where you are starting from!

     

    There is a list of hotels on the website:

    http://www.underwater-festival.com/en/hebergement/index.html

     

    Most of the main ones are filled with faces you will recognise.

     

    Alex

  15. Hi Alex,

     

    I entered my book in the competition, but I not sure if I will be able to be there. I have air tickets reserved but I don’t know yet if I will be able to be away from work since I ‘ve just spend 2 weeks away at the CMAS championship.

    I will post here when I know the answer for sure.

     

     

    Marcelo Krause.

  16. Marcelo,

     

    I know that CMAS was all film this time - but it would be interesting to hear about the event went? Also did the competitors vote to make it digital in the future?

     

    If you have time maybe you could tell us about it. I have seen the results, but not any pictures.

     

    Alex

  17. Alex -- just got back. Am catching up on EVERYTHING (drowning). ;)

  18. DOH !!

     

    I am from Chipping Norton in the Cotswolds.. So really anywhere from Brum to Gatwick.. Obviously closer the better.. I will have a look at the cheapy flights web sites and see. The Hotels do not look that pricey on the Festival website. So even with my limited funds it might be a possibility.

     

    Cheers again

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB...

  19. Eric, I saw that your turtle won the Animal Antics in Nature's Best at the beginning of September. That's awesome. Congratulations. It is always good for us all when UW images stand up and win in non-UW competitions. Have you shared that news on Wetpixel yet (I was away for most of September so may have missed it)?

     

    Dean, Easyjet fly to Nice from Luton and Bristol (I think). I am flying with BA from Heathrow, using up some airmiles.

     

    Paul, looking forward to meeting you there.

     

    Alex

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.