Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Photoshop Editing: Basics for Beginners

Started by ChrisJ ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Photoshop Editing: Basics for Beginners

6 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    I am just scratching the surface on the power of Photoshoping/Editing Digital Pictures.

     

    My question: do you have an editing/photoshop ESSENTIAL/s that need to be done to a digital picture both topside and UW?

     

    For some, Cropping and White Balance Correction are a must for EVERY Picture.

  2. Hey Chris

     

    I reckon most pictures benefit from an adjustment of the histogram - usually moving the black and white arrow pointers to compress or extend the range; then a tweak of the mid-grey point.

     

    Tim

  3. My question: do you have an  editing/photoshop ESSENTIAL/s that need to be done to a digital picture both topside and UW?

     

    Some unsharpen mask is about the only thing I almost always use.

     

    I try to "get it right" as much as possible in camera. This is mostly because I much prefer taking pictures to editing and organizing them. Your mileage may vary and their certqainly isn't a right or wrong answer.

     

    Playing with the curves is the second most likely thing that I may do, if it is needed.

     

    I try hard to crop images in camera. Doing this later is throwing away pixels (resolution) so I almost never crop.

  4. I like to improve the contrast by using curves, i really don't think the contrast straight out of the camera is any good. for this i lock the middle of the curve by clicking once in the middle. Then i go about half way down the curve and drag it slightly to the right.

     

    I would show a screen shot of this but i don't know how....

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.