i'm a hobbyist and probably know enough to be dangerous (to myself that is).
I've scoured the web for some help concerning using elements (i have 4.0) to process underwater photos. i'm specifically interested in:
coverting from raw
digital workflow
using curves and/or levels
sharpening
can anyone point me to a good all-around resource? i'm trying to find info specific to underwater photos.
thanks for the help,
andy
well this community is not very helpful. i've asked three questions on this forum with zero response. for those that have the same problem, check out digitaldiver.net. i was responsed to within minutes of my first post. very helpul and responsive people over there.
Hey Andy
Sorry you have had such a "quiet" response - pretty unusual for this forum where people are always very helpful.
I've just gone through a similar process as you with Photoshop CS. I found my local public library full of Photoshop books which I could then pick through to find the right one for me. I also signed up for a night school class at my local community college - which, for £135, is proving to be excellent.
The questions you ask seem, to me at least, pretty detailed and not something easy to answer in a few lines: hence maybe the lack of a reply.
Find one of Scott Kelby's books on Photoshop Elements (or any of his books on Photoshop for that matter)
He's got one called Photoshop Elements for Digital Photographers that you'd probably get a lot of use out of.
It's a great guide and readable by humans and photographers and even computer geeks. Its also full of tips for everything you mentioned as well as digitally touching-up photos, etc etc etc.
Hope this helps,
Joel
well this community is not very helpful. i've asked three questions on this forum with zero response. for those that have the same problem, check out digitaldiver.net. i was responsed to within minutes of my first post. very helpul and responsive people over there.
With all due respect, your post was only 10 hours before your second critical one.
Did you perform a search of your subject to see if this issue was previously discussed? I see a similiar post that is active with responses that is currently happening.
Many people may either have not gotten to the post yet or already responded to the post on DD because many members are on both boards.
You must remember that these are voluntary forums that people are freely giving their time to respond and assist with. I'm glad to hear you were able to get the help you needed.