Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Blue or Green

Started by kyryam ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Blue or Green

3 posts
  1. This may be a stupid question but I need to be sure! I'm going to buy an underwater colour correction filter and need to know if the waters off Akumal on the Mexican Mayan coast are blue or green.

     

    Sorry guys, not having been there before - i can't tell from the photos I've seen. Some are blue some look green.

     

    Any advice is appreciated.

     

    Pete :)

  2. You need the bluewater filter.

     

    Tropical water = bluewater filter.

     

    Temperate or fresh water = Greenwater filter

  3. This may be a stupid question but I need to be sure! I'm going to buy an underwater colour correction filter and need to know if the waters off Akumal on the Mexican Mayan coast are blue or green.

     

    Sorry guys, not having been there before - i can't tell from the photos I've seen. Some are blue some look green.

     

    Any advice is appreciated.

     

    Pete    :)

     

    Today they are white!

     

    Cozumel has nice blue water, some of the clearest. I've not done any diving on the Penisula. The beaches at Playa de Carmen has nice clear water.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.