Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

About harlequin shrimp

Started by Matetes ·

  • 30Posts
  • 30Replies

Read-only discussion

About harlequin shrimp

30 posts
  1. I think it is mating season for Seahorses there now in Anilao. I saw 7-8 pregnant

    seahorses there. I took just few shots of them. One from Basura.

    post-815-1130886222_thumb.jpg

  2. One of Nudi I saw in Ligpo point in Anilao last week.

    post-815-1130886343_thumb.jpg

  3. Chae

    The flambos are pretty much all over Anilao. I've seen them at Twin Rocks, Cathedral, Red Palms (is that open now?), Basura and a few other places.

    Don't spread the word about the seahorses otherwise the Koreans and Chinese will harvest again. ;)

  4. ์Shchae, nice picture of the coleman's shrimps on fire urchin. Are they very easy to find? I must have been looking at thousands of fire urchins in Puerto Galera, Thailand, Lembeh in the last 2 years and have not found one yet :)

    Some want to see harlequin shrimps, some want to see coleman's shrimps ;)

    Edited by ssra30
  5. I would like to see both...even if I've already seen coleman's.... ;)

    Cheers

    Matetes

  6. ์Shchae, nice picture of the coleman's shrimps on fire urchin. Are they very easy to find? I must have been looking at thousands of fire urchins in Puerto Galera, Thailand, Lembeh in the last 2 years and have not found one yet :)

    Some want to see harlequin shrimps, some want to see coleman's shrimps  ;)

    SSRA30

    At Basura, there are 5 or 6 urchins with colemans at 10m esp at night, so you can shoot without deco. Then you can move to the bobbit worms, wunderpus and all the other goodies. Plenty of Sauron shrimps too.

  7. Hmm, I must be looking at a wrong place. A friend found coleman's shrimp in Puerto Galera at 30 odd meters. I was told in Lembeh that someone had seen CS at about 40m at Angel's Window so I tried to no avail. 10m certainly sounds much much nicer ;) My dive plan is pretty much fixed for the next year or so but will have to see if I can fit a trip to the Philippines sometimes. Work is such a pain sometimes :)

  8. Scubadru is right. It is common that you see 2-3 fire urchin with coleman shrimp in one spot. In Sabang,Puerto Galera, I saw same number of fire urchins but, could not find shrimp. In fact, best place to see this fire urchin/coleman is Out-rigger house rock (At bottom of big rock where Out-rigger resort is located). I saw 10-20 at night diving. Depth was only 5-6 m. (Metetes is going there soon)

     

    Sam

    Edited by shchae
  9. ssra30,

    Anilao is the place you can leave BKK in the morning & arrive at MNL around noon & arrive at Anilao by 3pm and do 2 dives in same day

    and dive all day next day & do one more diving next morning at Basura

    (w/ 40% Nitrox, 7~8m) & take night flight back. ( I did this from BKK & SIN few times.) In July, I still dove at Basura when out side had 3-4m wave. Your chance to see good stuffs in limited time is good.

     

    Sam

  10. Well,

    How about this Imperial shrimp on big sea cucumber? You can also, easily find them around Anilao.

     

    Sam

    post-815-1130937650_thumb.jpg

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.