Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Monitor recomendation needed.

Started by huguito ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Monitor recomendation needed.

4 posts
  1. I have to replace my old Dell 21"

    The monitor shows a heavy yellow tint even after calibration and the contrast and brightness are different from one day to another.

    I run CS2 in a PC.

    I normally calibrate with a Spyder II.

    I want to replace it with a LCD of at least 19" and my budget is $400.

    Any recomendation?

    What are the specs I should look for?

    What contrast ratio is better for image editing?

    Thanks

     

    HUgo

  2. I believe Dell is having a sale on their 20" Ultrasharp at 35% off so it's around $440. The 19" is going for $300.

    Apply code : 8KRQ6BZ9BRCKBB

  3. I was under the impression LCD monitors did not accurately show colors for calibration for printing.

     

    Have things improved ?

  4. I was under the impression LCD monitors did not accurately show colors for calibration for printing.

     

    Have things improved ?

     

    CRT are generally perceived as giving a better result for image editing, as compared to LCD screens. In this regard LaCie monitors are regarded as the best available, if you can afford them :)

     

    Also, in the end, any monitor is only as good as its calibration...

     

    Mat

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.