Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Rawshooter Premium 2006

Started by UWPhotoTech ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Rawshooter Premium 2006

12 posts
  1. While viewing the Apple Aperture presentation at the recent Photo Plus Expo in NYC. I thought to myself that it reminded me of Rawshooter on some of it's screens. I got an product announcement from the folks at Pixmantec today for Rawshooter Premium 2006. It boasts the following features:

     

    Camera Raw support for Canon EOS 5D / 1D II N

    RAW vs. RAW Comparison

    Curves / Levels Support

    Integrated Downloader

    Personalized Appearance

    FastBrowse

    Cropping

    Image straighting / Arbitrary Rotation

    Magnifier

    FastProof Mode

    Batch/bulk Renaming

    Output Resizing

    Correction Tools (Vibrance, Color Balance, Noise Suppression)

    Enhanced White Balance Correction

    Extended Color Support

    Edited by UWPhotoTech
  2. hmmm, do you mean Apple Aperture? The new software for those oddball computers only?

  3. hmmm, do you mean Apple Aperture?  The new software for those oddball computers only?

     

    OOPS! :blink: I edited the original post!

  4. I have to say...the magnifier on the new Pixmantec Premium blows away its counterparts in C1 and ACR...

     

    ~Matt Segal

  5. I just wish the Magnifier Tool would work on the thumbnail images as well. I saw this feature in Aperture and loved it. I posted this as a feature request on the Pixmantec forum.

  6. I've been using Rawshooter for about 8 months. This new program has lots of improved features but...after making adjustments in the new Rawshooter and opening the Tiff in PS, it's not as vibrant or sharp??? Anyone else see this??

     

    Rand

    Edited by randapex
  7. Rand - I've had the same problem. You can use the "Vibrance" slider, but it then looks overprocessed as compared to the nice color and accuracy of C1 with a custom camera profile.

     

    I think I'm going to switch to RSE 2006 for my normal, daily conversions (because the destination is only screen resolution and the web, and speed is the priority). For "real" conversions, I'll stick to C1 with custom profiles.

     

    I'll do a formal test at some point...

  8. My converted Tiff's opened in PS (7.0) look identical to the adjusted NEF's in RSP 2006. I'd like to see the results of your tests Eric and see what we're doing differently. However, I do notice a flat look to the converted Tiff's when I view them with Irfanview.

    Edited by UWPhotoTech
  9. In the interest of trying something new, I'll read the manual... :blink:

    See if there's info in there on it.

     

    Rand

    Edited by randapex
  10. ahem ... man reading a manual ? and admitting to it !

     

    last time i saw this it was Alex with his D2x .... digital photography is doing strange things to the males of our species !

  11. I am a recent convert to RawShooter Essentials and as such really like the functionality it offers - especially at the price....

     

    I downloaded the Premium version and was ready to buy it till I did some prints and realized that there was a difference between what was on the screen (color calibrated with Spyder) and what was printed. The prints were straight from the RSE TIFF's, but it sounds like I need to use CS for a final stage.

     

    Comments, advice, help....

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.