Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Best HTML editor

Started by UWphotoNewbie ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Best HTML editor

10 posts
  1. What is the best software to use to manage your homepage?

     

    I'm trying to put together a basic website for myself and my family to share photos and information. Nothing too fancy but it would be nice if I could update it easially. I want to have some photo galleries with thumbnails to cllick for larger photos. I want to host it from my ISP account rather than paying extra for something like P-Base. Take a look at the link in my signiture to get an idea of what I want. Obviously its far from complete but the structure is there.

     

    Ten years ago I was using Web Weaver and doing most of the HTML manually. I don't want to be doing that anymore.

     

    The one I have I created in Word. It doesn't let me easially add many features and worst of all it re-names all the images in the page and puts them in a sub-folder for each page which is not common to all the pages. This is a pain to upload and images are duplicated for each page.

     

    Thanks

  2. I'd say one of the best is Microsoft Frontpage.

  3. for automatic generation of galleries, jalbum.net can hardly be beat

     

    Also, the html editor in Mozilla (the bigger one, not firefox) is quite handy to use (clear code, + a wysiwyg part)

     

     

     

    gerard

  4. Totally of topic to U/W photography but since that thread is related so:

    I hope to start selling few products on the net and I need an e-commerce solution for the billing and registration process, anyone here have an experience with that area? Any recommendations?

  5. Totally of topic to U/W photography but since that thread is related so:

    I hope to start selling few products on the net and I need an e-commerce solution for the billing and registration process, anyone here have an experience with that area? Any recommendations?

     

    Send me a PM with the types and number of products you'll be selling and I can make a more specific recommendation. In the meantime here's some to consider:

     

    Yahoo Stores: http://store.yahoo.com

     

    Zen Cart: http://www.zen-cart.com/modules/frontpage/

     

    X-Cart: http://www.x-cart.com/

     

    Lite Commerce: http://www.litecommerce.com/

     

    Miva Merchant: http://smallbusiness.miva.com/

     

    Shopsite: http://www.shopsite.com/

    Edited by UWPhotoTech
  6. I am a dreamweaver fan for html work ... enables you to advance and stay basic ... but is slightly more than just a html basic editor ... homesite is just that.

  7. Dreamweaver, BIG TIME

  8. Wow, thread from 2005?

     

    I still use Dreamweaver for my main sites and jalbum for my galleries. Love jalbum LOTS!

     

    I've dabbled with iWeb and a couple others, however, and been pretty pleased with their ability to put out a very nice looking site. Not much help if you're not on a Mac, of course...

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.