Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Photoshop ver ?

Started by Osprey ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Photoshop ver ?

4 posts
  1. Following advice here I will capture images in RAW ... but I see a problem, I have Photoshop 5 LE ... and this does not support RAW, and Photoshop web site does not offer any support for 5LE.

    Is there a Plug in for 5 ? where can I get it ..... or what version do I need, does ver 7 support RAW ? or must I use Adobe CS2 ?

     

    Has Photoshop CS2 has replaced Photshop 8 ? or are they differenet products.

  2. The version of PS you need depends on your camera. When Adobe annouces a new PS version, the stop updating the raw converter for the previous version.

     

    RAW support began with PS7, then came CS and now CS2. If your camera is old enough you can get away with PS7 or CS.

     

    But if you have a newer camera, you will need CS2.

  3. Use the FREE Pixmantec Raw Shooter Essentials (RSE) for your raw file adjustments and then bring the files into PS as .tif's.

     

    Here's a link to RSE:

     

    http://pixmantec.com/products/rawshooter_essentials.html

     

    Dave - you just saved me a ton of money with this link - I have used Photoshop 7 for quite awhile and was not too happy when I thought I was going to have to shell out more money to upgrade... With this link, I can process my upcoming new raw images..

     

    Thanks a million!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.