Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Programs for Working with RAW files.

Started by cgerrells ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Programs for Working with RAW files.

8 posts
  1. I see a product here on the form listed thats for working with RAW files. I'm wondering if anyone has compared it to Bibble Labs product. I have a full version of the Bibble Labs software and find it very nice to work with, Quite a bit better than Nikon Capture, which I also have a full version of. A Link to bibble labs is here

     

    Bibble Labs

     

    Another product that some might find very usefull is Neat Image. It removes noise from pictures and is great for working with DARK pictures. A Link to it's below.

     

    Neat Image

     

    Also, anyone working with Adobe Photoshop CS2? Is it worth the upgrage from CS if so why? I understand it has better RAW support but, if you own one of these other products then do you really need it?

  2. The biggest reason to upgrade from CS to CS2 is that CS does not support the newer cameras. If your camera is suppored by CS then you wont see a whole lot of benefit from the upgrade.

  3. I see a product here on the form listed thats for working with RAW files. I'm wondering if anyone has compared it to Bibble Labs product. I have a full version of the Bibble Labs software and find it very nice to work with, Quite a bit better than Nikon Capture, which I also have a full version of. A Link to bibble labs is here

     

    Bibble Labs

     

    Another product that some might find very usefull is Neat Image. It removes noise from pictures and is great for working with DARK pictures. A Link to it's below.

     

    Neat Image

     

    Also, anyone working with Adobe Photoshop CS2? Is it worth the upgrage from CS if so why? I understand it has better RAW support but, if you own one of these other products then do you really need it?

     

    I also found that Bibble works much better and faster than Nikon Capture for browsing, editing and converting pictures. I only keep the latter to convert my older Coolpix 5000 pictures which are not supported by Bibble.

     

    As for upgrading to CS2, I don't think there is much going for it other than what acroporas mentioned. CS2 uses much more memory than CS ( I have 1GB RAM and find it slow), for not many additional practical features for UW photographers.

     

    Mat

  4. interesting. I found some steps a while back fo removing the incorrect tinting of underwater pictures. I'll post the steps once I locate them again.

  5. The biggest reason to upgrade from CS to CS2 is that CS does not support the newer cameras.  If your camera is suppored by CS then you wont see a whole lot of benefit from the upgrade.

     

    I've read that you can get around new camera support issues by converting to DNG with the free Adobe DNG converter.

     

    I'm not sure how this works, as each camera has it's own camera profile that specifies the way it captures color, and a raw converter needs that information to do the conversion properly. Is a camera profile embedded in each DNG file?

  6. I felt forced to upgrade to CS2 for the ACR upgrade. It was just a plot by Adobe to annoy me personally as I hate installing/upgrading software because it always createds problems. I'm not paranoid. They all do it to me. I tell you, it's me they are after.

     

    As others have mentioned. Nothing worth upgrading for that I can see. I still use CS on one of my computers.

     

    Using Nikon Capture is sheer torture. Everyone says it is slightly better, but by the time you start adjusting the image, I just can't see the difference. Workflow is so much easier with ACR and when you are processing lots of images, I have to go for the convenience. If I hadn't of bit the bullet and upgraded, I would have gone to Bibble.

  7. For info on converting to DNG have a look on Adobe's website. There are downloadable pdfs on the DNG format which should explain some of what is happening. But certainly the DNG format can be read by CS when created from D70S files - I've tried it.

  8. I find a big advantage in CS2 the fact that ACR can open more than one picture at the time and do simultaneous edits saving lots of time in similar/consecutive shots.

    I also love to blow money on gadgets and software.

    God and Adobe expresely forgive you to keep the same software long enough to completely learn how to use it.

     

    Hugo

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.