I've just been perusing all the great shots and galleries on the site, and I've come to the realization (duh!) that there are a lot of very talented, creative folks here at wetpixel.
Being a relative newcomer to the world of digital, I'm always looking for inspiration as to composition, use of color, shooting angle, etc when I'm ready to depart on a trip. Looking at the image galleries always gives me that pre-trip inspiration.
So...with that in mind, I'd like start the discussion by saying that this by no means is a popularity contest, but I'd like to mention a few folks who have inspired me on the past few trips I've done.....namely, Alex Mustard, Rocha, duikees, Mike Veitch, Eric Cheng, among others.
As far as other inspirations, I guess just the idea of being able to bring back pictures and images of the underwater world with all it's colors, textures, and sights is what drives me to photograph underwater.
Of course, being inspired doesn't always turn out fantastic photos, but it sure helps!
Anybody care to chime in?
Colin.