Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

I need criticism please !!

Started by DeanB ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

I need criticism please !!

12 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    O.k I'm inspired... After my trip to Antibes meeting photographers and seeing their work and looking at the beautiful photo's on this site i would love to put up some of my own shots for a bit of valuable critique...

     

    I have some photo's from holidays / short breaks (nothing serious) taken over the last few years on my friends Motormarine 11EX (I think thats right) I have scanned them on to my P.C using an Epson perfection 660 ( maybe now a bit of a dinosaur) and fiddled about using photoshop elements 2. Only with contrast and a bit of colour correction. Nothing to over the top ( I hope) and saved on the : maximum (10) quality.

     

    Which is the best way to show them to the wetpixel crew for analysis. Do i do it using photoshop or my P.C. or anyother way. I have them on 'MY Pictures' on XP home.

     

    Please be gentle. It's my first time..

     

    If i have any potential i will be after your jobs my friends !!! (ha,ha)

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  2. Hi Dean,

     

    If you have a website, the best is to upload them to your site and post a link here. If you don't, you can upload them by attaching to the message.

     

    Also, when you post the pics I will move this topic to the Image Improvement Center, I am sure you will get more feedback there.

     

    Luiz

    Edited by Rocha
  3. And your ugly too; no wait.

     

    You wanted criticism of your pictures??

     

    Yes you should up load them to the site here. A lot of good advice to get on this forum. Getting your images critiqued is the first step towards becoming a good photographer.

    Edited by davephdv
  4. You guys kill me !!!!

     

    When i've worked out how to downsize / convert the photo's ( god i'm a pro ) to get them on this site i will post them for all your superior testing and knowledge etc..

     

    I can feel the antisipation growing..!!! :lol:

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  5. Since you have no pics to criticize, we'll critique you. You can't spell, your camera is for beginners and worst of all, you're british! :lol:

  6. HA !!!!!

     

    Flattery will get you no where...

     

    Runnin skared ar wee my Australian friend...

     

    Soon my precious, soon...

     

    Dive safe

     

     

    DeanB

  7. Is Drew an Aussie? Shocking what comes up in here...

     

    I will just critique you for presumptuousness.....you can critique me on my spelling.

  8. If I were ozzie, I'd call him a pom! But I like french fries.

  9. Obviously, The standard of humour- understanding, gets diluted as it travels across the great oceans...

     

    But nevertheless i will try to accomadate my American and now Aussie friends in the future... <_<

     

    Love to all :lol:

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  10. Since you have no pics to criticize, we'll critique you. You can't spell, your camera is for beginners and worst of all, you're british!  :lol:

     

     

    1,Pics coming soon.

    2, You lot can talk. How do you spell Colour again...

    3, Not my camera, a friends..yes he is a beginner.

    4, British and PROUD !!!

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  11. Yer right it does, no one understands my sarcasm....

     

     

    Those silly Irish always calling us Canadians...American....ick! :lol:

  12. Sorry gentlemen,

     

    I'll have to my research before i try to insult people next time !!!

     

    Take a look at my photo's on the improvement thread.. My first attempts with a beginners kit.

     

    Their killing me out there !!!

     

    Maybe I will stick to video...Pah! Bring it on..

     

    Hope i didn't upset you boys to much ??

     

    Dive safe

     

     

    DeanB

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.