Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

A little spyware with the tunes please

Started by herbko ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

A little spyware with the tunes please

7 posts
  1. Holy crap! I'm selling my Sony laptop and getting a Dell.

     

    Cheers

    James

  2. Holy crap!  I'm selling my Sony laptop <edit> and getting a computer that runs any of the public *nix/Linux distributions, or even (heaven forfend) a Macintosh, as the Sony rootkit only affects Windows machines</edit>

     

    Cheers

    James

     

    Fixed that there for you James :)

     

    BTW: disabling autoplay stops the rootkit installation too... real secure and uncrackable DRM there Sony ;)

  3. Craig: Lots of people run Linux on the Vaio 505 series Sony laptops - so nice try...:-P

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. True... but why support the vendor who foisted this crap on the world by buying their hardware. So I suppose I will let you buy a Dell then run linux on it :D

     

    BTW: Watch this thread come back to bite me when I buy an HDR HC1 ;):)

  5. True... but why support the vendor who foisted this crap on the world by buying their hardware. So I suppose I will let you buy a Dell then run linux on it  :D

     

    BTW: Watch this thread come back to bite me when I buy an HDR HC1  ;)  :)

     

     

    No need to wait. What's doing the image capture inside your Nikon/Sony D70 ? :D

    Edited by herbko
  6. What's doing the image capture inside your Nikon/Sony D70 ? :D

    :);)

     

    Man, that didn't take long...

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.