Hmmm.. If you're using the File Info in Photoshop CS2 you can create the template by entering in the information in the input boxes, clicking on the small triangle button on the top right corner of the File Info window (below the close button on Windows.. dunno on the Mac), and choosing Save Metadata Template.... Whenever you are ready to add the template to your images, click the small triangle button and you should see the name you gave to your Metadata Template in the menu. Click it and the data will be automagically added to your image(s). This template is also accessible from Bridge, which I personally recommend you use for quicker IPTC implementation.
To add keywords in Bridge you need to add them via the Keywords Panel not the Metadata Panel (View[top menu] -> Keywords Panel). There you can create your set of keywords that can be reused. You can create a Keyword Set that contains a group of keywords (ie. the keyword set GREEN SEA TURTLE would contain sea turtle, Chelonia mydas, green turtle, Tortuga Verde, etc). Then to apply all these keywords to an image would simply require you to check the box beside GREEN SEA TURTLE after selecting your image(s).
Also, there is a small arrow button on the top right corner of the Metadata panel (see attached image) in Bridge that gives you not only access to your Metadata Templates but an option to increase/decrease the font size. Unfortunately, the Keyword panel doesn't have the same option (bummer).
I WILL WARN YOU, THOUGH - Be prepared to spend an exuberant amount of time adding IPTC data. 90% of my time is spent adding IPTC data (partially b/c the IPTC keywords integrate into the database on my website) and although I'm happy to say that I can find any image I've taken in just mere seconds it has been a lot of late nights.
VERY IMPORTANT - If you decide to use Bridge for your IPTC data input, which BTW in my opinion is the best app for doing this I've seen (mainly because of its Keyword Panel), MAKE SURE TO BACK UP THE 'ADOBE BRIDGE KEYWORDS.XML' file every time you add new keywords or at least every couple of days. I had Bridge crash on me last night for the first time and I lost all my keywords (many many months worth) but luckily I had backed them up. Shewww!!
May the force be with you!
