I plan to buy Sony DCR-PC1000E 3CMOS and would like to have some feedback from fellow members in here who used this DV underwater..... footage quality...etc.
Currently I m looking at Ikelite housing for it ... any suggestion & advice are welcome. Is white balance possible with ikelite housing?
Would the housing effect the quality of the footage if I were to use Inon UWL100?
Is there anything I should be careful off with this set-up?
"Some touch screen functions can be accessed, allowing use of white balance shift, focus and exposure settings with controls that rotate out of the way when not needed."
Is there anything I should be careful off with this set-up?
One "feature" of the PC-1000 is that Sony built the battery into the camera housing so the size of larger batteries that can be purchased is limited. Camcorderinfo reviewed it here: http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/Sony-...rder-Review.htm
hth,
I haven't used it, or seen it for that matter, but i know it is a big seller and well supported by the manufacturers. It is a 3chip camera so the colour saturation should be good, as long as your housing gives WB access.
Also, if using the ike WAL i don't think you would have a problem...
I have some excellent footage using the PC1000. I will see if I can put a link on here tomorrow. I am using a gates housing
Not to sure why you need to get hung up about the battery, you can get a FA70 which lasts longer , and anyway the standard battery lasts longer than an hour, so will fill a tape and you can't change tapes underwater.
The Vid is excellent with hardly any overexposure that is seen in single CCD cameras, even without white balance
Ikelite say that they accept Inon UWL-100 lens.
I am courious if Ikelite have test it and can tell something about the perfomage.
Then a other think will be how good the viewfinder is. is it is easy to use for someone that comes from DSLR housings
I have some excellent footage using the PC1000. I will see if I can put a link on here tomorrow. I am using a gates housing
I have just purchased the same set up after reading plenty of reviews on what camcorder to buy. Sony is a trusted name and it is a top end camera so i feel that it will be good for the job. I am new to video and was a little bit naive when looking at the Ikelite website regarding the housing. I understood that it was important to be able to access the manual white balance once the camera was inside of the housing. being a bit green between the ears interpreted that when it stated that white balance "shift" was accessable i took it that that was the manual white balance. I have since written to Ikelite telling them of my problem and am happy to say that they have given me advice on how to achieve it. If you do decide to buy this set up email me and i will send you the instructions given to me from Ikelite. i have not done any dives with it yet accept a mess around in a club pool 2 days ago. I am using a 1250 speed dimmer Kowalski and a 620 speed Kowalski for my lighting and am very impressed with the results.