Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

New Olympus C-5050

Started by freediver ·

  • 54Posts
  • 54Replies

Read-only discussion

New Olympus C-5050

54 posts
  1. Dear All,

     

    Check out this photo I took with my new 5050 during new year day. Look at the barreling effects on the two side buildings, how irritating!.

     

    Alfred

  2. Oops! sorry, I will try to attached pics later. File too big.

  3. Anyone has their hands on the pt-015 yet?. If so where & how much?

    Yup.. I got one from UnderwaterDigital.net for $299.

  4. Hi Alfred,

     

    I was looking at a PT 015 in Singapore yesterday at one of the many digital shops. They are retailing at $S490.00. Cathay Cameras also had a unit.

    Check out the digital camera shops on the net and they will ship it up or over - which ever bit of Malasia you're at.

  5. Anyone has their hands on the pt-015 yet?. If so where & how much?

    I got mine from Japan Direct fpr

    $260

  6. Anyone has their hands on the pt-015 yet?. If so where & how much?

    I got mine from Japan Direct fpr

    $260

    oops.. meant $280...

  7. $280.00 works out £5.00 more expensive than Singapore, before they take the tax off!

  8. Thanks to all for your help. I might try to grab it in Singapore over the weekend. Any way here's the pics I mention earlier on the barrelling effect. Pls comment!!!.

     

    Thanks again.

     

    Alfred.

  9. Ref: pre-flash problem with Olympus

     

    This might be a dead topic by now but when I first got my C-3030, I soon found out that the Nikonos SB-102 or Ikelite MS I intended to use would not work.

     

    I went back to an old Vivitar 285HV in a homemade housing with a regular $20 slave sensor.

     

    With the 285HV set at 1/2, the C-3030 set for SLOW and when using speeds of 1/20sec and slower, the strobe would fire twice. Once at the pre-flash and again 1/20sec later for the exposure. I got good pictures if there was no or little ambiant light.

     

    This could work with other strobes and is certainly better than no external strobe at all.

     

    Richard

  10. Alfred,

    I hope you have better luck then I did trying to find the PT-015 in Singapore last week. I tried several camera shops including Cathay, but no one had it in stock. Some stores called Olympus and were told the PT-015 would not be available until Feb-March.

    I managed to scrounge one up in Taiwan this week.

     

    BTW, I've read the barreling effect you referred to is most prominent in the 5050 only when the lense is wide open.

     

    Good luck!

  11. Reefwreck,

     

    You're absolutely right. Have someone search the whole of Singapore not available not even at cathay. Only compatible ones or "OEM" ones, whatever that means. I then called song brothers, where I bought my pt-010 last year & was told stock of pt015 won't be there for another month & would cost S$450.

     

    Good news is I finally found the case in Honk Kong thank to my HK buddy Derek for only HK$1,380. YAHOO!!!. Rechargable nimh batteries real cheap there too.

     

    Thanks.

  12. Great deal on the housing Alfred ! I think that works out to slightly more than US$175 !! I guess I should have waited until I go to Hong Kong later this month before buying mine in Taiwan. I thought the PT-015 price there was great at roughly US$200. Oh well . . .

     

    Michael.

  13. 5050 pricescan data

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.