Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Web gallery creation software?

Started by Claustro ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Web gallery creation software?

6 posts
  1. My ego megalomania are growing and now I am wondering about making my personal site for display my "creations" :P;):):blink:

    Can someone suggest me a good , software for making web falsh galleries ?

    I would like to start with a template , but in the future create an only mine web site.

    Unfortunatly I don't know a single word of flash programming...

    Do you think it will be an impossible venture? :D

     

    Thank you

    Andrea

  2. Look at Jalbem. Is free and easy.

  3. I bought this program for about $35.00 it takes 10 min to make your website assuming your photos are already in web size. The program is sellfolio and does not have a lot of felxibility for adding stuff but it is great for a gallery. They have like 4 styles - you can see my site at http://www.members.aol.com/photobeat The tricky part is understanding ftp on your ISP server. This part is a little tricky.

  4. Hi all,

     

    I looked at those two, and still not sure if I can link thumbs to variable-size full images. I want to have different sizes, i.e. a portrait might be 300x700 and landscapes might be 400 to 700 wide. Can these programs allow this?

     

    thanks,

    Scott

  5. You can with Jalbem..

  6. Hi all,

     

    I looked at those two, and still not sure if I can link thumbs to variable-size full images. I want to have different sizes, i.e. a portrait might be 300x700 and landscapes might be 400 to 700 wide. Can these programs allow this?

     

    thanks,

    Scott

     

    In JAlbum, you can put a bound on the size of the images in the gallery. As long as the "full-size" pictures fit within the bounds you won't have a problem. Otherwise, it will resize the picture. I believe that you can also just check a box that says something like "copy originals". I use JAlbum (www.jalbum.net) and like it. There are many gallery "skins" to choose from allowing different levels of customization, both through the user interface and through editing the code. The albums I have now were done with the "Modern" skin, which I like because it is a nice clean presentation. However, I will most likely be switching over to one a little fancier soon. Here, for example, is the gallery I threw together from my trip to Raja Empat last year:

     

    http://mikeoelrich.net/Raja%20Ampat

     

    Did we mention that JAlbum is free? Oh yeah, we did :huh: BTW, JAlbum does have a skin or two that are flash based (e.g., BananAlbum).

     

    Mike

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.