Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

RawShooter essentials problems

Started by Arnon_Ayal ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

RawShooter essentials problems

5 posts
  1. I download the free RawShooter essentials 2005 and its great tool for browsing RAW files.

    But I have 2 big problems with it:

    1. It's doesn't work on my laptop with AMD processor.

    2. The conversion to jpg is adding a lot of noise to the jpg file, the same conversion with PS is much more clean.

     

    Does anyone here know how (if at all )its possible to solved this issues?

  2. Arnon - RSE doesn't do any noise reduction by default, but you can turn it on. In general, I find it more noisy than other converters, but it is very good for quick 'n dirty work, and I'm convinced that there is a way to make it fairly close.

     

    The AMD issue is well known. Not sure if there's a fix -- didn't bother to read through the 70+ messages in that thread. :huh:

  3. Tn'x Eric,

    Even with noise reduction the RSE is still much more noisy then processing with PS so it's a big drawback for me.

    I read some of the 'short' thread you pointed and its seems that for now there is no solution but the company plans to release an upgrade in the near(?) future.

  4. I'm using the RSP version converting to TIFF's and using PS to create JPEG's when neccessary. No noise problems with this workflow method. I also recently purchased their Color Engine which corrected the color change problem when converting to TIFF's.

    Edited by UWPhotoTech
  5. I'm using the RSP version converting to TIFF's and using PS to create JPEG's when neccessary. No noise problems with this workflow method. I also recently purchased their Color Engine which corrected the color change problem when converting to TIFF's.

    Thanks, I tried this also but still much more noise then in PS.

    (I have to confess that I used few shots with a lot of noise for the testing)

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.